The Support Engineer position on our Support Team is responsible for front-line customer support and IT issue analysis and remediation, responding to client phone calls to our Support Desk and submitted emails and tickets. The Support Engineer will escalate work as needed based on priorities, experience, and availability, and may assist in basic project work. Our Support Desk will attempt to resolve client issues remotely, and travel to client sites when remote access is not an option.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Desk – 80% of time
- Support Desk Engineers are our primary workforce responsible for responding to client-submitted technical issues and providing troubleshooting support with a focus on Customer Service and communication.
- Professional Services – 10% of time
- Assist with the setup and installation of scoped customer solutions. Ranging from new users and workstations to assisting with server and network deployments.
- Centralized Services Operations – 10% of time
- Assist in the monitoring of key metrics and alerts, as well as the proactive management and updating of Customer managed services.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license and reliable transportation required
- 1 to 2 Years of Experience with IT Support required
- Experience with Microsoft Windows OS and Office applications required
- Experience with Windows Server OS and Applications (SQL, Exchange, etc.) required
- Experience with Remote Support technologies and procedures required
- Experience with Helpdesk Ticketing software a plus
- Experience with Cloud based Services a plus
- Prior experience working within an MSP environment a plus
- Technical Certifications (A+, Network+, MCP, MSCE) a plus
- Experience with Mac and Linux operating systems a plus
- Experience with Network hardware and configurations a plus
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org