TITLE Staff Accountant
LOCATION Grand Rapids, Michigan
STATUS Full Time, some overtime required
TRAVEL Some travel required
- Opportunity to work with a variety of clients in various industries
- Diverse service offerings including Tax, Employee Benefit Plan, Governmental, Not-for-Profit and For-Profit audits
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Family-like culture
- Professional and Educational Development and mentoring opportunities
As a key member of our accounting and audit team, the position will assume a strategic role in providing a variety of services to our clients. The primary duties will involve planning, performing and following up with audit requirements, tax return preparation, as well as researching a variety of compliance areas and providing recommendations for improvement in controls.
Hungerford Nichols is a dynamic firm that thrives on innovation- this is where good ideas add up! Our specialized team understands customer needs and identifies the best course of action to take our clients forward. In our organization, we work hard to deliver the uniqueness and quality that we promise. Our employees are rewarded as well as recognized for performance. We offer competitive benefits along with a top-performing, supportive team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2 years practical experience preferred
- CPA license or working towards the designation
- Assistance in running client engagements from start to finish. This includes all aspects of financial statement preparation, internal staffing of engagements, project scheduling and budgeting, planning of the engagement and related administrative functions
- Training and mentoring interns on audit and/or tax processes
- Work with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
- Interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements to enhance client satisfaction
- Research and analyze financial statements and audit issues utilizing electronic databases, and employ audit software to review and compile financial information
- Tax return preparation
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Familiarity with audit and tax compliance preferred
- High level of collaboration skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to multiple businesses/industries
- Willing to learn and ask questions if needed
- Professional and personable
- Proven time management skills along with ability to handle stress and deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Prefers a fast-paced, hands-on work environment
Are you ready to take the next step toward your career with Hungerford Nichols CPAs + Advisors?
Please send resume via email with subject line “Staff Accountant” to firstname.lastname@example.org