A Good Idea: A New NameAmina Vila
The firm known for providing fresh thinking to business leaders across West Michigan has decided to apply some fresh thinking to their own brand. Hungerford, Aldrin, Nichols & Carter, PC CPAs and Consultants, a leading locally owned and closely-held CPA firm founded in 1941, announced today that they will now be known as Hungerford Nichols CPAs + Advisors.
Hungerford Nichols Shareholder, Jerry Nichols, has been with the firm for 41 years and participated in the growth of the firm from 10 employees to its current 61. He states, “While there have been many changes in the industry over the past 72 years, we have always focused on being an innovative firm. In order to remain sustainable and viable in the business community, we continually focus on staying ahead of the curve. Our updated name and logo provides a modern look and feel to our brand that reflects our forward-thinking that will appeal to the next generation of business leaders while continuing to attract top talent. This change came about from feedback from our clients, staff and community members who recommended a simpler name. We will continue to provide quality service and innovative ideas to growth oriented clients of integrity as we have done for the past 72 years in Michigan.”
About Hungerford Nichols CPAs + Advisors
Hungerford Nichols CPAs + Advisors is a full-service CPA firm with offices in Grand Rapids and Greenville, MI. The firm provides accounting, business advisory, tax return preparation, tax planning, auditing, financial planning and IT advisory services with an emphasis on closely-held and family-owned businesses, governmental entities and Not-for-Profit Organizations. Hungerford Nichols has grown to become one of the largest independent CPA firms in West Michigan.
This is the fifth name change Hungerford Nichols CPAs + Advisors has seen in the past 72 years. The firm began as McEwan & Kauffman in 1941, originally located in the Michigan Trust Building downtown Grand Rapids. Sam McEwan died suddenly in 1959 and the firm was renamed Kauffman, Hungerford & Co. In 1965, the firm renamed to K.G. Hungerford & Co. following the departure of Gordon Kauffman. In 1978 the firm renamed to Hungerford and Co., PC and the offices relocated to 678 Front Street. Hungerford, Aldrin, Nichols & Carter, PC became the new firm name in 1986 and the offices relocated to Cascade where they are still located.