I earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree and Master of Business Administration degree from Grand Valley State University.
I joined the firm in 2000 after two tax internships and was promoted to Senior Manager in 2011. I then became a Shareholder in 2014. I now lead the A&A and Trust and Estate Teams at HN.
What is your area of specialty – how do you best help your clients?
My expertise includes Governmental and Nonprofit audits, preparation of tax returns (individual, estate, and gift), and tax planning. I am committed to developing long-term relationships with her clients and consistently exceeding their expectations of timeliness, quality, and accuracy.
I understand that the estate planning process is an ongoing journey and can often be a difficult conversation to begin with loved ones. I can help to develop comprehensive solutions for the entire family.
What are your top 5 strengths? What is your favorite strength?
My top 5 strengths are a great reflection of who I am – each with their own balconies and basements. But if I had to choose a favorite strength, I would say Achiever. It reflects my ability to work hard and achieve my goals.
How do you like to give back to the community?
• I am a board member of North Kent Connect.
• I am the Treasurer of North Kent Connect. This organization focuses on improving the lives of people in northern Kent County by providing access to basic needs and promoting economic independence. Being the Treasurer I am part of the Executive Committee and chair the Finance Committee.
• Co-Treasurer of the Rockford Public Schools Choir Boosters (Both of my daughters are active in the RPS choirs!)
I am an active member in the following professional organizations:
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
• Association of School Business Officials International
• Michigan School Business Officials
• West Michigan Estate Planning Council
What are your superpowers – something you’re good at that others should know about?
I love taking a complex situation, figuring it out and making it simpler! We tend to just make too many things harder and more complicated then needed.
Accomplishment you’re proud of?
• Getting my MBA degree while working full-time and have 2 small children.
• Also becoming the 3rd female Shareholder at HN at age 36! I started as an intern and have worked hard to become a Shareholder.
Tell us about your life outside of work (family/pets/sports/activities/interests/hobbies)
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my husband Bret and our 2 teenage daughters. I love boating, shopping, reading, cooking, crafting, and doing jigsaw puzzles.
What is your favorite part of working at the firm?
I’ve spent my entire career at the firm and have literally grown up here. Without a doubt the people are the best part. It is like a family. I’ve grown up with a lot of clients too and have enjoyed watching them flourish in their businesses and organizations.