• Western Michigan University, BBA
• Western Michigan University, MSA
• Certified Public Accountant (MI)
What is your area of specialty – how do you best help your clients?
• My primary focus throughout my career has been on federal and state tax planning, consulting, and compliance for closely held businesses and their owners.
• As one of the leaders of the firm’s cannabis advisory group, I specialize in income tax planning and income tax return preparation services for the firm’s cannabis business clients including IRC 280E compliance.
What are your top 5 strengths? What is your favorite strength?
Strategic is my favorite strength. This strength allows me to look at complex situations and develop strategies through cause-and-effect analysis.
How do you like to give back to the community?
• Flat River Retriever Club of Michigan – Treasurer
• MICPA cannabis industry expert panel
What are your superpowers – something you’re good at that others should know about?
My superpower is the ability to find a solution where others see a problem.
Tell us about your life outside of work (family/pets/sports/activities/interests/hobbies)
I have an amazing fiancée Nina and we enjoy traveling and spending time with family and friends. We enjoy spending time at our cabin in Northern Michigan and traveling and competing with our retrievers in AKC field trials.
What is your favorite part of working at the firm?
The firm’s approach to collaboration and working together across the firm to best serve our clients.