Nonprofit CPAs + Tax Advisors
In today’s ever-changing environment, your Board of Directors plays a critical role in the success and vision of your nonprofit organization. You can rely on Hungerford Nichols to ensure compliance with new standards, along with the most current rules and regulatory requirements. We’ll keep you educated on the changes, challenges and opportunities available to make your organization more efficient and effective.
Hungerford Nichols provides expertise and advice you’re not likely to get from an auditing or accounting generalist. We bring an experienced team with a focus on nonprofit auditing, accounting, and support services. Because we work with so many organizations like yours, we’ll bring fresh ideas for fundraising, program, and financial management to the table.
We’re proud of our track record of keeping audits efficient and cost-effective. Our extensive knowledge of provisions and auditing techniques gives you the accountability so critical to your not-for-profit’s success. Our attention to detail and ongoing personal service make your audit process as stress-free as possible.
Hungerford Nichols’ corporate philosophy and mission goes well beyond great service for not-for-profits. We care about community and have made significant investments of time and resources to support many charitable groups and events in. Our team members serve on boards and help with fundraising, determined to do their part to make our neighborhoods better places to live and work.
Our full-service firm brings the depth of expertise, efficiency and one-on-one service our clients have come to expect, including ever-important continuity of service from year to year.
Our priorities include being timely, accurate and anticipating your needs. And our commitment transcends traditional services — we’ll work with you to provide the numbers and support you value, but we’ll also bring good ideas your way and help you adapt to the changes in regulations and laws impacting not-for-profits.
You’ll get sound advice, continuing education and superior audit, accounting and support services. You’ll benefit from the assistance of one of the region’s most respected CPA firms, serving West Michigan clients since 1941.
- Financial statement audits and reviews
- Internal control assessments and recommendations
Accounting & Consulting
- Outsourced accounting services
- Software evaluation and implementation
- Chart of accounts structure set-up
- General ledger accounting and analysis
- Grant tracking analysis and support
- Preparation of financial statements and management reports
- Federal awards audits under Uniform Guidance
- Fraud detection services
- Preparation of the application for tax exempt status
- Obtaining a federal employer identification number, by filing Form SS4 with the IRS
- Preparation of Michigan solicitation registration form
- Preparation of annual tax forms (990, 990T, 990PF)
- Strategic and financial planning
- Budgets, forecasts, and projections
- Arts and Cultural Organizations
- Health Welfare Agencies
- Social Impact Organizations
- Various Clubs
Connect With Our Team
Let us show you a proposal — call us at (616) 949-3200 to learn more about what we’ve done for other nonprofit clients and what we can do for you. Get in touch with our CPAs and business advisors today. We have five locations across West Michigan to help serve you better. Visit our offices in Grand Rapids, Greenville, Holland, Muskegon, or St. Joseph.