School Districts & Municipalities CPAs + Tax Advisors
With so much riding on the work you do, a trusted partner is critical. Hungerford Nichols specializes in developing long-term relationships with a wide variety of school districts & municipalities. Our team of experts has the experience, commitment, and dedication to exceed expectations in meeting your auditing, accounting, and consulting needs.
Your work demands accuracy and timeliness. We also know that you are held to a high standard of accountability, by both governmental agencies and by the public. At Hungerford Nichols, we pledge to help you maintain the respected status that you have earned. Since 1941, we’ve built our reputation by developing consistent, long-term relationships with our clients and offering much more than just auditing expertise. As auditors, our mission is accuracy. As advisors, practicality. Our experience is a perfect balance of the two.
We are wholly committed to your mission and will be proactive with you throughout the year to discuss operational and/or financial reporting concerns, to offer ideas to improve your processes, internal controls and/or application of accounting principles, and to provide you with suggestions on how to implement improvements.
We’ll help keep you up-to-date with the latest laws, regulations, accounting principles, and best practices. We offer several educational sessions each year to keep our clients apprised of industry changes.
Our extensive governmental auditing experience brings you the efficiency and expertise you require to thoroughly complete projects and meet pre-determined deadlines. As members of the, our expert services are supported by the resources of a national organization. Beyond that, we are committed to the industry at large and support governmental improvements — even outside the scope of the clients we serve. For example, our team is an active participant in these and many other governmental support organizations:
Memberships & Affiliations
- Association of School Business Officials International
- Michigan Schools Business Officials
- Michigan Association of School Boards
- Government Finance Officers Association
- Michigan Government Finance Officers Association
- Michigan Townships Association
- Michigan Municipal Treasurers Association
- Michigan Municipal League
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Institute of Internal Auditors
Range of Services
Hungerford Nichols offers a wide range of governmental services including but not limited to:
- Governmental auditing and consulting services
- Resolving accounting questions and problems
- Assistance with implementation of new accounting principles
- Internal controls evaluation and improvement
- Fraud awareness and detection
- Budgeting and cash flow projections
- Computer consulting, education, software selection and training
- Financial statement preparation and Certificate of Excellence/Achievement filings
Hungerford Nichols specializes in the auditing of school districts, cities, townships, villages, and utility authorities. We also have deep expertise in the auditing of federal programs in accordance with the Uniform Guidance.
We know the unique requirements of governmental units and are experienced with the various computerized accounting and payroll systems in the State of Michigan. Therefore, we can serve our clients more efficiently, offering value-added suggestions to help improve internal controls and business practices.
Connect With Our Team
Get in touch with our CPAs and business advisors today. We have five locations acrossto help serve you better. Visit our offices in Grand Rapids, Greenville, Holland, Muskegon, or St. Joseph.